Use the PCG with its cash register module for shops or a connected farm shop. If several Cashier instances are used in the company, data storage is of course centralized in the merchandise management system. For smaller companies, a minimal configuration as a standalone cash register is also possible.
A tablet can now also be used for easier handling – the software has been adapted to work optimally with the touch screen of the device. In connection with a receipt printer and possibly a scanner, a cash register is quickly assembled.
Of course, the POS software is fully GDPdU-compatible (german recording policies).
In this category we inform developers about changes to the system. Normally we will keep all interfaces (CSS class names, API calls, library dependencies) backwards compatible. For this reason, find here changes that can be incorporated into your managed websites, but they do not have to. Occasionally we also mention fixes for “prominent” bugs.
- A change in the HTTP headers now prevents caching from taking effect in development environments if it is not intended. This was the case when simultaneously editing files with calls to a staging and to the live system (or generally from different servers).
- Improvements in the SEO area: All permalinks have been unified to really point to one resource. In general, navigation entries now all have an href attribute (. oo-shop-item-permalink). The generated sitemap has also been adapted to the new shop.
- New component: Chat. After a long evaluation of alternatives we decided to implement our own. This component is to be installed and adapted like all the others; there is a design guide and also a reference. As a WebDesigner you have the right to use the “remote station” in the admin area, so you can try it out and design it. A more general description will follow in a later blog post.
- New switch on the search component: data-oo-search-onenter=”true” allows an “Enter” to trigger the search directly. If you do not select this option, the results preview will be displayed as before.
- New component: Subscribe. We also use them ourselves in our blog. This makes it very easy to register for a newsletter, including double opt-in. After successful confirmation, the addresses land in a PCG action group. The unsubscription can be done with links from the serial mails and is also handled by this component. So try out the whole process during design!
(Translated with DeepL.com/Translator -sorry, but its great! – Bob)
Our system has always sent reminder e-mails before deliveries are due. Depending on the settings, this takes place either directly before delivery or when a specific purchase order is created from a subscription.
In response to popular demand, proactive reminders are now also available: for customers who prefer to order periodically each time, or for occasional customers who have opted for this option.
As always, a number of rules are in place to protect customers from excessive mail from us – but you can now explicitly override this.
Here is the redesigned dialog in the PCG. Of course, customers can also change some options in their profile page.